International Travel ResourcesMalawi scene

On this page: 

Booking your travel

Travel registration

  • All UM travelers – faculty, postdocs, students, staff – are to register their international travel plans, including emergency contact information, using the Travel Request Form.  We can't assist when a crisis happens abroad if we don't know that you're there. The Travel Request Form is used for travel on UM business, whether or not travel will be reimbursed by UM. Access the form via the myUM Portal, or work with your unit's travel coordinator.
  • In addition, U.S. citizens traveling or living overseas are encouraged to register with the U.S. Department of State Smart Traveler Enrollment Program.

Trip preparation and other issues

U.S. Government travel information and advice

Country-specific Information